An Open Exhibition in A5 Format
Applications now open calling all artists from throughout Australia!
Exhibition Showing > 22 September – 15 October 2017
People’s Choice Award $500 (winner announced 5.30pm at the next Exhibition opening 20 October 2017)
As we journey through life, we leave traces of where we have been. We all have a connection to a place, a story or memory.
Artists are invited from throughout Australia to respond to the theme of: speaking of our sense of place; our connection to it; the stories and memories we have gathered. We are encouraging you to investigate your ideas of connection and memory playfully, thoughtfully, radically, or somewhere in between as you explore the people, your relationships, places, adventures and environments that you cherish.
Following on the success of the Arts Centre’s five previous open exhibitions, Belco Bizarre in 2010 Creative Alchemy in 2011, and Intersections in 2013, Hidden Treasures in 2015, Traces in 2016. This year we continue with the theme of 2016 and invite your participation in Traces II. We welcome contributions from all ages and viewpoints, and in any medium. Artists working in any stage of their creative practice by it as a professional or hobbyist are invited to submit work exploring this theme at A5 (21 x 14.8cm) size.
Artists in Traces II will be notified by Friday 11 August 2017 by email.
Entries are due COB 4pm Friday 28 July 2017
If you have any questions or require further information please contact Monika McInerney, Creative Program Director on (02) 6173 3304 or email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your entry!
Expression of Interest for
Traces II Exhibition at Belconnen Arts Centre
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works.
- There is a $15 non-refundable entry administration fee per each work entered.
- The works must be the original work of the entering artist.
- The works must have been created within the last year.
- The works must relate to the theme.
- The works may be in any medium and be able to be fixed to the wall for display (2D).
- Works must be A5 (21 x 14.8cm) in scale, inclusive of any framing. They cannot be smaller or larger than A5.
- Works can be landscape or portrait in orientation.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory or otherwise hurtful in nature.
- Belconnen Arts Centre reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- You must include an image of each work entered in jpg format with entry form. (300dpi and at least 1MG in size)
- There is no age limit for entrants
- Artists are responsible for the transport of the work to and from Belconnen Arts Centre and cover all costs for any freight/ courier fees.
- Successful works will need to be received at Belconnen Arts Centre no later than 4pm, Friday 15 September.
- APPLICATIONS DUE BY COB 4pm Friday 28 July 2017.