Our Foyer Gallery is the premier space adjacent to Lake Ginninderra. It’s open design and flexibility means we can offer a variety of configurations within a gallery setting. Your guests will enjoy gathering in a creative environment showcasing artworks from a variety of local, national and sometimes international artists. The space is ideal for unique events and parties, functions, fundraisers, live performances, community cultural gatherings, dance events and presentations.
The sophisticated space is light filled with floor to ceiling windows facing the lake. There is access to an outdoor area for cocktails overlooking the water. Staging, chairs and tables are available indoors for all configurations and events.
The Foyer is fully accessible and very comfortable for people of all ages. As a premier cultural and public venue we provide a beautiful space that is welcoming, supportive and adaptable, designed to meet our diverse community’s needs.
- Theatre style seating for a wedding reception, performance or presentation ceremony with stage > max 150
- Sit down wedding reception, gathering or workshop > 50 – 75 people comfortably seated
- Stand up cocktail style event > 150-180
- All basic furniture (chairs, tables, lectern, screens) and set up are always included in our costs.
- We don’t do in house decoration/styling, however we can provide you with a list of stylists and suppliers who will be able to help you achieve the look you are after. Please ask us for this list if needed, we are happy to work with your chosen supplier.
- We have an in house technician who can (for a small additional cost) set up any specific lighting, sound, visuals for your event. Most of this equipment we have onsite, please discuss your specific requirements.
- We have a small stage available for use.
- You are welcome to bring in a DJ or live music, please discuss this with us.
You are invited to choose your own caterer or provide your own catering for your wedding or event. We will be able to provide your caterer with space in one of our workshops. Whilst we don’t have in house catering, we can run a bar for your larger events including beer, wine and soft drinks. Or for your daytime function we can organise tea/coffee and morning and afternoon tea. Please ask us about these options.
Please ask us for a list of local caterers we have worked with before.
It was a pleasure working in the venue, and please pass on our sincere thanks to all of the staff who went above and beyond to help us during our event!
-Nicole Gaff, Centenary of Canberra
Take a 360 degree tour of the Belconnen Arts Centre Foyer!