Volunteering at the Belconnen Arts Centre is an opportunity to become a vital part of the Arts Centre’s operations. You will play an active role in supporting and promoting the creative arts in our community. Volunteers will gain access and exposure to a wide range of artistic practice, gain new skills and share company with people who are also interested in and passionate about the arts.
Since September 2009 volunteers have been supporting the Arts Centre by donating their time, skills and experience. This support has played an important role in the Arts Centre achieving its goal “to become a vibrant centre for arts in Belconnen and the surrounding region”
Volunteer spaces are limited. Fill out application form and return to the centre with your CV and make sure you indicate which job you are interested in. Descriptions are listed below for you to download.
- POSITION DESCRIPTION Admin assistant
- POSITION DESCRIPTION Archiving
- POSITION DESCRIPTION Events assistant
- POSITION DESCRIPTION Front Of House
- POSITION DESCRIPTION Gallery assistant
- POSITION DESCRIPTION Maintenance and Grounds
- POSITION DESCRIPTION media and marketing assistant
- POSITION DESCRIPTION workshop assistant
You will be contacted if a suitable role becomes available. Applications are kept on our register for 12 months.
All volunteers are required to hold a Working with Vulnerable People Card. Forms are available from Canberra Connect.
Assistance with recruiting and training volunteers will be made with ACT Volunteering, currently based in Belconnen.
You can also read our VOLUNTEER POLICY.
Apply to Become a Volunteer