Closet Creatives: An Art Class for Absolute Beginners with Rebecca Blackburn
Mondays > 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Wednesdays > 10:00am – 12:30pm
Term 3 | 30 July – 5 September
Now offering daytime or evening classes!
This course is for the absolute beginner who wants to be more creative but doesn’t know how to begin. Explore painting, drawing, collage, and mixed media. Learn how to create your own visual diary. Find out how to break the creativity blocks, start creating and stop being afraid. No experience required.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand some of the barriers to creativity and have strategies to overcome them
- be able to make a range of marks using different media
- be more confident with drawing after doing a blind contour drawing, upside down drawing and doodles
- be able to paint with watercolour using variety of watercolour techniques
- have strategies for creating a composition and be able to make a simple collage
- know how to develop an artwork
About Rebecca Blackburn >
Rebecca Blackburn is an artist and writer with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the National Art School. She has taught art and creativity classes in Australia and Oxford and is currently writing a book about creativity.
Mon 30 July:
Creativity and Drawing
Mon 6 Aug:
Printing and Mark-Making
Mon 13 Aug:
Mon 20 Aug:
Mon 27 Aug:
Composition and Collage
Mon 3 Sept:
Doodle an Artwork
Friends of BAC cardholders receive a 10% discount.
All materials will be provided.
Please indicate your class day preference (Monday or Wednesday) by selecting one of the start dates below.