Currently vacant positions are listed below.
BAC Inc. has a governing Board oversighting its Purpose and Vision and employs the Executive Director (ED) to assist in setting the strategic direction and manage business and programming operations. The ED is the Senior Executive of Belconnen Arts Centre Incorporated, responsible to the Board for management and operations in accordance with BAC Inc’s Constitution, Strategic Plan and Code of Conduct.
The ED’s leadership of BAC Inc. includes establishing partnerships and being a lead advocate for BAC Inc. and within the arts and cultural development sector more broadly. The ED develops and implements sustainable entrepreneurial strategies to strengthen BAC Inc. operations and negotiates with key government and non-government organisations to invest in the centre through grants and sponsorships.
The ED, Creative Program Director and Business & Operations Director form the Executive team. The ED is responsible for ensuring the Executive is appropriately skilled and resourced to achieve arts and cultural development and engagement and to implement BAC Inc’s Strategic Plan. BAC Inc’s arts and community cultural development programs encourage talent and skills development of people of all ages, diversity and abilities; participation and audience development, international inspiration, digital and life-long learning are strongly encouraged.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
You will have:
- Experience and expertise in organisation management, strategic planning, program development and operational management including financial management, budgeting, monitoring, and accountability – preferably in the context of the arts sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of human resource responsibilities at an executive level including in relation to workforce planning, recruitment and employment practices, policies and procedures, staff development and training, access and equity and occupational health and safety.
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills including report writing and presenting to the Board, stakeholders and in social media environments.
- Demonstrated experience in attracting and building productive business partnerships, including innovative approaches to attracting funding support through sponsorship, philanthropy and grant applications.
- Demonstrated high level client service capabilities.
- Sound computer literacy and skills including Microsoft Office, internet search and email.
- Class C Licence.
- Tertiary qualifications (will be highly regarded, and do not necessarily need to have a direct arts sector focus).
- The ability to satisfy Working with Children and Vulnerable People Checks.
How to apply
Full position description documentation can be downloaded here.
For further information please refer to the BAC website or contact Executive@belconnenartscentre.com.au.
To apply please send the following documentation to Executive@belconnenartscentre.com.au:
- A brief cover letter
- CV: outlining career history, key competencies and key achievements, contact details of two referees (4 page maximum)
- A statement of no more than 400 words addressing the following: “Why I think I am the best candidate for the position of Executive Director BAC”
Closing date: Wednesday 31 October 2018.
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will be notified by mid December 2018 and commence in March 2019.