“Because of her, we can…”
Belconnen community organisations are coming together to celebrate NAIDOC week in 2018; to encourage the community to join us, we are creating an open digital photographic exhibition honouring the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women in our lives.
In recognition and celebration of this year’s NAIDOC theme, “Because of her, we can…” we are inviting members of the community to acknowledge any of the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women who have been an important part of their lives. These women may be mothers, elders, grandmothers, aunties, sisters, daughters, colleagues or friends.
We welcome entries from all ages and cultural backgrounds to submit a digital photograph of an influential Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander woman who has been important to you. They may be someone you admire, cherish or have helped you turn a corner in your life. They may have inspired, motivated, mentored or been there when you needed someone.
With each image, we ask you to explain why “Because of her, we can…”
Entries are due by COB 4:00pm Friday 6 July 2018. If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Monika McInerney, Creative Program Director on (02) 6173 3304 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your entry!
Proudly supported by:
“Because of her, we can…”
An open digital photographic exhibition celebrating the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander women in our lives.
• Individuals from throughout the ACT may enter works.
• The image MUST be of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander woman.
• You may enter up to a maximum of three images. Separate entry forms must be completed for each work.
• It is FREE to enter.
• All images must be accompanied by a completed statement, “Because of her, we can…”
• Images must be in portrait orientation.
• There is no age limit for entrants.
• All images must have permission granted from the person whose photograph has been taken.
• All images must be high resolution (300dpi, 1MB) to enable printing for public exhibition and celebration. If the resolution quality is not high enough, the image will not be included in print; Belconnen Arts Centre reserves the right not to exhibit images.
• Images may be used online, in social media, promotional material and documentation.
• Entries must be received through the form below no later than 4:00pm Friday 6 July 2018. If you have any difficulties, please contact the centre directly.
Submit your image here