An open exhibition on unframed A3 paper
Foyer Gallery > 3 May – 9 June 2019
Entries close 4pm Monday 15 April 2019
2019 celebrates new beginnings and new opportunities, as well as the realisation of Belconnen Arts Centre Stage 2. Artists are being invited from throughout Australia to respond to themes of change, metamorphosis, growth, journey and evolution on unframed A3 paper (29.7cm x 42cm). We ask you to investigate your ideas of transition and transformation with imagination, a sense of play, boldness, thoughtfulness or contemplation.
We welcome contributions from all ages, viewpoints and levels of experience. Artists working in any stage of their creative practice, be it as a professional or hobbyist, are welcomed to submit work exploring these themes in any medium; this includes drawing, painting, printmaking, photography and mixed media – works simply need to be on paper. All works will be eligible for consideration in the $500 People’s Choice Award, with the winner announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works. There is no age limit for entrants.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works, however, each entry will be considered an individual work.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry fee per work entered.
- The works must be the original work of the entering artist, and they must have been created within the last year.
- The works must relate to the theme.
- The works must be unframed on paper and be able to be pinned to the wall for display (2D).
- Works must be A3 (29.7cm x 42cm) in scale. They cannot be smaller or larger than A3.
- Works can be landscape or portrait in orientation.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory or otherwise hurtful in nature. Works that are considered inappropriate will not be displayed at the sole discretion of Belconnen Arts Centre. Belconnen Arts Centre reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- All works must be received at Belconnen Arts Centre no later than 10am Monday 29 April 2019. Works received after this time will not be included in the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of works to and from Belconnen Arts Centre, and are liable for any freight or courier fees. Works can be posted, couriered or hand delivered prior to Monday 29 April 2019.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
Enter Here >
More info >
If you have any questions or require further information, please contact Artistic Director & Co-CEO, Monika McInerney, via email or phone (02) 6173 3304.