An open exhibition
29 November 2019 – 9 February 2020
Entries close | 4pm Friday 8 November 2019
Opening night | 6pm Friday 29 November 2019
Belconnen Arts Centre are continuing their focus on the journey through life. Following on the success of our previous Traces exhibitions, we are continuing with these themes for 2019 and invite your participation in our Traces IV open exhibition.
As time passes, we leave traces of where we have been. We all have a connection to a place, a chance encounter, a story or a memory. Artists are invited from throughout Australia to respond to themes of speaking of one’s sense of place and our connection to it; stories and changes that have taken place; and memories we have gathered. We are encouraging you to investigate your ideas of connection, transformation and memory playfully, thoughtfully, radically, or somewhere in between, as you explore the people, relationships, places, adventures and environments that you cherish.
We welcome contributions from all ages and viewpoints, and in any medium. Artists working at any stage of their creative practice, be it as a professional or hobbyist, are invited to submit work exploring these themes at A5 size (21cm x 14.8cm). This is an open exhibition and as such we will endeavour to include all entries by artists in Traces IV. All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
Conditions of entry
- Online entries close 4pm Friday 8 November 2019.
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works. There is no age limit for entrants.
- You may enter up to a maximum of three works; for multiple entries, each entry will be considered as an individual work, not a series.
- There is a $20 non-refundable entry fee per work entered.
- The works must be the original work of the entering artist, and they must have been created within the last year.
- The works must relate to the theme.
- The works may be in any medium but must be able to be fixed to the wall for display.
- Works must be A5 (14.8cm x 21cm) in scale. They cannot be smaller or larger than A5; works will be ineligible and will not be exhibited if they are not A5.
- Works can be landscape or portrait in orientation.
- Works will need to be exhibited for the full duration of the exhibition.
- The works must not be offensive, discriminatory or otherwise hurtful in nature. Works that are considered inappropriate will not be displayed at the sole discretion of Belconnen Arts Centre. Belconnen Arts Centre reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- The title of the artwork and the name of the artist must be written or printed on the back of the work.
- All works must be received at Belconnen Arts Centre no later than 4pm Sunday 24 November 2019. Works may be hand-delivered or couriered to Belconnen Arts Centre during business hours (10am-4pm Tues-Sun), or sent by post, but must be received by 4pm Sunday 24 November. Works received after this time will not be included in the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of works to and from Belconnen Arts Centre, and are liable for any freight or courier fees. All works that need to be returned to the artist must include return address details.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
Image in header: composite of previous open exhibition entries.