An Open Exhibition in A5 Format
Main Gallery > 19 October – 14 December 2018
As time passes, we leave traces of where we have been. We all have a connection to a place, story or memory.
We would like to continue this focus on the journey through life. Following the success of our previous Traces exhibitions, we are continuing with these themes for 2018 and invite your participation in Traces III. Artists are invited from throughout Australia to respond to sense of place and our connection to it, the stories and changes that have taken place and the memories we have gathered. We encourage you to investigate your ideas of connection, transformation and memory playfully, thoughtfully, radically or somewhere in between, as you explore the people, relationships, places, adventures and environments that you cherish.
We welcome contributions from all ages and viewpoints, in any medium. Artists working at any stage of their creative practice, be it as a professional or hobbyist, are invited to submit work at A5 (21cm x 14.8cm) size. This is an open exhibition and as such we will endeavour to include all entries by artists in Traces III. All works will be eligible for selection in the People’s Choice Award, with the $500 prize announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.
There is a $15 entry fee per work (maximum 3 entries). Entries due by 4:00pm Friday 12 October 2018. Artworks must be physically received by Belconnen Arts Centre by 10:00am Monday 15 October 2018.
If you have any questions or require further information, please email Monika McInerney, Creative Program Director, or call on (02) 6173 3304.
- Artists from throughout Australia may enter works.
- You may enter a maximum of three artworks.
- For multiple entries, please note works will only be considered as individual A5 works and not as a series.
- There is a $15 non-refundable entry fee per work.
- The works must be the original work of the entering artist.
- The works must have been created within the last year.
- The works must relate to the theme.
- The works may be in any medium but must be able to be fixed to the wall for display (i.e. 2D).
- Works must be A5 (21cm x 14.8cm) in scale, inclusive of any framing. They cannot be smaller or larger than A5.
- Works can be landscape or portrait in orientation.
- Works that are considered to be offensive, discriminatory or otherwise hurtful in nature will not be displayed. Belconnen Arts Centre reserves the right not to exhibit works.
- Works will need to be exhibited for the full duration of the exhibition.
- There is no age limit for entrants.
- Artists are responsible for the transport of the work to and from Belconnen Arts Centre and all costs for any freight/courier fees.
- Works may be delivered during business hours, by post or courier at any time with your entry but must be received by 10:00am Monday 15 October 2018.
- All works will be eligible for selection in the $500 People’s Choice Award, which will be announced at the conclusion of the exhibition.